My Sundial

Today’s task was named Sunny Sundials-Step It Up and what I found interesting was that the shadow hand was long in the morning, shorter as it got towards midday and longer again as it got towards evening. I thought this task was fun and I kept checking on it after it had been a while. Unfortunately we cant tell the time at night. Have you ever made a sundial or seen one before?

2 thoughts on “My Sundial

1. Kia Robert,

What an awesome experiment. Just goes to show how important the sun is for navigating and telling the time of the day, especially if you are out in the bush. It’s an important lesson you have learnt. Did you find the sundial matched the time (roughly)?

I have never made a sundial before but your sundial has intrigued me so now I would like to try. I wonder if making a sundial would work when it’s cloudy. That would be an interesting experiment.

Awesome work this Summer Learning Journey Robert. I speak on behalf of the Summer Learning Journey team when I say it has been so much fun seeing your blog posts. You have worked very hard and I have no doubt that hard work will pay off this year.

Anna
    SLJ