The Great Rock Pool

Today’s task was named Anemone Is Not The Enemy, the task was to read a book about a sea Anemone and how alot of fish get stung by its poison but plant looking tentacles, every other species of fish get stung but one and that lucky one is named the clown fish, clown fish have a special skin coating that prevent them from getting stung by the tenticles of the sea Anemone, Anyway the task today was to read that book, learn what creatures live in rock pools and then create you’re very own rock pool of yours, You can see a picture of mine in the top left corner of the screen, I thought finding the materials to build this was very difficult, the most easiest part about this was finding shells because my mum has thousands in her garden just laying around. Have you ever had to make a rock pool or learn what live inside them?

2 thoughts on “The Great Rock Pool

1. Kia ora Robert,

Another blog post! Awesome work.

You have such an awesome range of things in your rockpool, from shells to paua to actual seaweed like substance. I can’t quite see what the greenery is but it’s a nice tough. Now all you need is a wee fish or crab to go in there.

I know you mentioned you got the shells from your mums garden. Where did you get everything else?

Thank you for including such awesome information in your description, thanks to your awesome description I’ve learnt something new today. I had no idea that Sea Anemone could sting every fish but a Clownfish. What a cool piece of information to know.

Thank you for sharing your awesome work Robert. Keep up the good mahi.
    Anna
    SLJ

1. Kia Ora Anna I also got everything else in my rock pool from my mums garden, i’m happy that I taught you something new.